Wednesday, January 06, 2010

It all started on the 05th Jan 2010

I had contractions over my lower abdominal on 5th of Jan 2010... at 2100hrs.

Till about 0130hrs on 06th Jan 2010, I could no longer tolerate the frequency of the pain and the thought of my baby is popping out soon. Called the labour ward, and they advised me to come down if the pain wasnt tolerable...

Chatted with Janet on the phone regards about going down into the labour ward, she suspect I could be in my early labour and it would be safe if I could pop by and get strapped down with the ctg to monitor my baby.

Took her advise... zoomed down to the hospital.

At the labour ward, assessment done by the doctor had showed that my cervix was about about 2 -3 cm dilated, however it was still thick. I was strapped down on the ctg for monitoring.

My baby's heart rate was doing well about at the range of 115 to 130 bpm, for my contractions it can go from minimum of 60 to 125 threshold.

Nurses kept asking me if I needed any form of anesthesia... I option for epidural, however I didnt want it now as I am still able to tolerate the pain. So my contractions come and go irregularly! throughout the stay in the labour ward, we didnt get to sleep... we were so tired! The doc came by at 5am in morning and checked me out and I am still 2 -3 cm dilated!

Prof Biswas came by at 830 am in morning and checked, I am still only 2 -3cm dilated. He advised that as this is my first baby, I am still in early labour and my baby was still not engaged. And there is a possibly that my labour might dragged for more than 10 hours and beyond! He sounded me out that there is a possibly that I might need a c-section if baby's head is still high, or I have to wait for another one week with all these contractions! As he didnt want to me suffer, he suggested that I should think about having the c-section.

Prof Tan who is the consultant in-charge for the labour ward, came by at 1030am in morning and checked, I am only 3 cm dilated! And asked me if I needed any form of pain relieve, and I said no. So he transferred me up to ward 96/13 for further monitoring.

Prof Biswas came by again at 1130am and checked. He was agreeable with Prof Tan that I stayed on for monitoring, despite that I wanted to go home.

So I stayed...